Construction and characteristics
RPN III 24/400 and RPN III 24/400-W type switch disconnectors are manufactured in two variants: frame, signed as RPN III 24/400 and modular, signed as RPN III 24/400-W. They are also composed of three independent poles installed on a transmission shaft. Durable construction provides high reliability and great endurance. The structure allows direct cable line connection with the switch disconnector. Each pole is equipped with composite insulators with a polycarbonate core covered with HTV rubber or cycloaliphatic resin. The distance between particular poles can be regulated in a range between 445 and 650 mm (applied only to the modular switch disconnector). The distance between poles in a frame switch disconnector is 435 mm. The modular structure of the unit allows its expansion on poles E, EM, ŻN, BSW or lattice towers without additional support constructions. One insulator is permanently fixed to the pole, but the other is mounted on a movable support. Current terminals allow the installation of isolated or naked aluminum power cables with a cross-section of 16 ÷ 95 mm2. The main contacts have a jaw structure. These contacts are made from profiled copper flat bars joined together with rivets, and a spring installed in stabilization foundations, which is permanently pressed against the surfaces. Contact elements are covered with silver plating, which ensures long working time and protects against corrosive environment conditions. Auxiliary contacts, which work at the same time as main contacts, are opened after the main contacts open and when they are at a safe distance from each other. The construction of the auxiliary contacts and break interrupters allows reclosing on and off of the operating currents up to 400A. Switch disconnectors are adjusted to remote control with a drive series NSP-7/SO-2 i NSP-8/SO2, as well as manual control using a hand crank (which is located in a drive), or using only a manual drive (without the motor).
RPN series switch disconnectors are permitted to be used in all marketing companies. They can be equipped with current transformers type AGCE-24 or CSO, which are used to detect short-circuit currents in MV networks.
- visible safe isolation gap
- fault-free operations in extreme weather conditions
- low wear and ageing reduction of all active components achieved thanks to the highest quality switching unit application, which have excellent mechanical and electrical properties according to norm 62271-103
- possibility to expand with other components e.g. current transformers, lightning arresters
- network nodes can be configured thanks to the variant construction of the appliances; it is possible to install three switch disconnectors on one pole.
RPN switch disconnector parameters
Compliance with standards:
- PN-EN 62271-103:2011 - “High Voltage Switchgear and Control gear – Part 103: Disconnectors with rated voltages above 1 kV and up to and including 52 kV”,
- PN-EN 62271-1:2009+A1:2011 - “High Voltage Switchgear and Control gear – Part 1: Common specifications”,
- PN-EN 62271-102:2005; PN-EN 62271-102 :2005/A1:2011 - “High Voltage Switchgear and Control gear – Part 102: High voltage altering current disconnectors and earthing switches”,
- PN-EN ISO 1461:2011 - Hot dip galvanized coatings on fabricated iron and steel articles,
- PN-EN 61140:2005/A1 - Protection against electric shock. Common aspects for installation and equipment.
|RPN switch disconnector parameters|
|Rated voltage Ur||24(25)kV|
|Rated frequency – number of phases fr||50 Hz-3|
|Rated power frequency withstand voltage – in wet conditions and when it rains – 1 min. Ud
- to the ground and inter-phases
- safe isolation break
|Rated lightning impulse withstand voltage 1,2/50ms Up
- to the ground and inter-phases
- safe isolation break
|Rated continuous current Ir||400A|
|Rated short-time withstand current Ik||16kA (1s)|
|Rated peak current strength Ip||40kA|
|Rated short-circuit making current Ima||16kA|
|Rated short-circuit breaking current in a circuit with low inductance Iload||400A|
|Rated short-circuit breaking current in a ring network circuit Iloop||400A|
|Rated short-circuit breaking current of cable charging Icc||30A|
|Mechanical durability (the process defined as closing and opening)||5000|
|Operation temperature||- 40°C + 60°C|
Switch disconnectors have a certificate of conformity from the accredited body: the Institute of Electrical Engineering in Warsaw.
View, dimensions and construction RPN III 24/400-W
View, dimensions and construction RPN III 24/400
- switch disconnector frame (beam)
- bushing insulator
- switch disconnector main contacts
- auxiliary movable contacts
- movable support
- parallel contacts, which propel interrupter
- pole with vacuum interrupter
- disc guide
- drive lever
- connection terminal
- oscillating element with a terminal strip
Additional equipment, signallization and current metering
Each RPN switch disconnector can be additionally equipped with current transformers type AGCE, which is a new solution in current metering, protection and medium voltage power networks supervision.
The current transformer type AGCE-24 is designed for overhead networks with 15, 20 kV rated voltage.
It can be used for protection or short-circuit current signalization, as well as current metering in MV power lines. The creepage distance refers to the isolation voltage 24 kV, for the highest pollution level it ranges to 31mm/ 1kV. The current transformer is manufactured in accordance with the standards in force as follows:
|Current transformers parameters AGCE-24|
|The highest permitted voltage||24kV|
|Rated isolation test voltage||50kV|
|Rated impact test voltage||125kV|
|Primary rated current Ipr (Zakres)||200A - 400A|
|Secondary rated current Isr||1A|
|Thermal and dynamic strenght Ith/Idyn||16/40kA|