Technological progress in the MV network industry automation developed at a time when the legislator enforced more restrictive regulations related to the permitted time of breaks in the power supply to the recipients.
When the obligation to publicize MAIFI, SAIFI, and SAIDI indicators was introduced a few years ago, it increased the need for investing more money in MV network automation.
- SAIDI - an indication of the average systemic duration of a long and a very long break
- SAIFI - an indication of the average systemic frequency of long and very long breaks
- MAIFI - an indication of the average frequency of short breaks
Average times the location of faults on MV overhead lines
- Without switch disconnectors with a remote control system: about 3,5,
- Switch disconnectors with a remote control system: about 30 minutes,
- Switch disconnectors with a remote control system and short circuit indicators: about 15 minutes,
- Switch disconnectors operated by radio control with a protection system: about 5-8 minutes,
- Reclosers operated by radio control with an overall protection system, which cooperate with the switch disconnectors operated by radio control with the protection system < 3 minutes.